GOLF! Now don't freak out, we at the M*M*M* hate golf just as
passionately as any survivalist mountainbiker out there, but this is "X-tremely"
Here are the Rules:
- No Golf Clubs, Golf Courses, Golf Rules, little wooden "tees" & especially
No Golf Clothes of any kind!
- Rifles, handguns, shotguns, etc., are all acceptable "clubs".
- Golf balls must be used & either found or stolen.
- You MUST ride to the X-treme Mountainbike Golf Game on a Mountainbike &
carry all your own equipment.
- The game is played at any suitable firing range preferably not an authorized
"public" range (i.e.: State Game Lands).
- A "hole" is made by placing a bike part, flag, or any piece of trash in the
middle of the range, and there must be between 1 and 23 holes.
- Each "X-treme Athlete" lines up 2 or 3 balls on the ground about 9.6
yards from the starting point. Used shotgun shell casings may be used for
"tees", but we found this unnecessary.
- Each "X-treme Athlete" then uses as many rounds of ammunition as
possible to get his balls closest to the "hole". If you've ever played
pool it'll help.
- The game is only over when all the ammunition is gone, all the balls are lost or
destroyed, or someone is fatally wounded (it happens, this is "X-treme Golf"
after all--they knew the risks).
Tips for Gun Transport by Bike
transports his 22 semi using a handlebar mounted rack, which also works for tools, bats,
compound bows, etc. Normally the gun is broken down & put in a tent bag to be
less conspicuous in public, & less likely to catch branches on the trail. Handling is
affected, but not problematic. The rack shown below is a Pack Rack
made by All Rite which sells for around $35. Most local bike shops
can easily order it if they don't stock it already, from All Rite or Seattle
All Rite Inc.
2286 Bonanza CL.
South Jordan, UT
to lash his 22 bolt-action to a pack, for that dinosaur tail fashion statement. It
can also be broken down to be more manageable on the trails & less conspicuous to
to read the Warning Disclaimer at
the top of this page that says we're not responsible if you get wounded, arrested or